Oct 21, 2010

Masters Revisited

Masters Revisited - Acrylic on Canvas 2003
I don't remember which great master painter I was studying when I did this piece. If you recognize it please let me know. I loved their use of color- it was difficult to replicate the same look and feel in acrylic, that the original artist created in oil. That is one of my biggest challenges. I've always used acrylics, there cheaper, sturdier, and to me easier. I've done only one painting in Oil- seemed to take forever because the drying time and mixing method is way different than with acrylics. I love studying art now- I wasn't as interested in it back in high school- I just waned to paint what I wanted to paint, but now I look at every artist style, methods, details, etc. Can't get enough

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Beautiful work Asia!!! My children Grant and Vivian LOVE the counting book!!! It's one of their favorites! Thank you so much for our signed autographed copy! Your Mom told me you are working on the alphabet book now. Please let me know when it's released. Would love a copy! Keep up the beautiful work!!! Have a fantastic weekend! Jenn

    ReplyDelete